Maria Realf is an experienced and meticulous editor, having been employed as a Chief Sub Editor at both The National Magazine Company (now Hearst UK) and Emap. Previous freelance engagements have included Company, Cosmopolitan, Fabulous (The Sun), Marie Claire, Now and Radio Times.
Key skills include:
- A thorough understanding of the production process, from start to finish
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign
- The ability to handle news, features and interviews with equal flair, polishing copy where required without losing the writer’s own voice
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Adept at creating must-read headlines and sells
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines successfully
- NCTJ qualification in media law
- Approachable personality, enabling effective communication with other subs and departments
- Experience of CMS and editing online content
- The ability to remain calm and focused under pressure!